So I have officially been back in Texas for over a week! I can't believe how fast time can fly by. Kevin had his first "real" day of A-School yesterday and for the most part it sounded like it was a good day. The only complaint he had was the fact that they have to stay in uniform from the time they wake up to the time they go to bed (and not their ODU's which are the uniforms he is used to wearing, but his trops which are the "fancy" uniforms). Other than that, he also found out that he will be able to take 2 weeks of leave for Christmas, starting December 18th. I have been dying to know when he would be able to come home so I could start a countdown, so as of today, I only have 58 more days until I get to see him! :)
And another little piece of exciting news... I began my weight loss journey in the middle of May after a visit to my mom's and playing Wii Fit with her and my sister. I never really knew how much weight I had gained over the years until I saw my weight compared to theirs. It was a huge wake up call, and I started really watching what I ate and would try to do about 30 minutes of cardio a few days out of the week. I had done really well, and the week I found out I had finally lost 20 pounds, was also the week I found out I was pregnant. So due to the fact that I knew I would be gaining all my weight back, I stopped worrying so much about keeping with a healthy diet. I didn't gain much, probably about 5-7 pounds before I had the miscarriage. Then with the move and everything else, I just never got back to taking care of ME. Now that I am settled in here and have the opportunity to focus on me and making myself happy, I am kick starting everything again. I did my Wii Fit again today, with the excitement of finding out I have gotten back down to my original weight loss weight, plus some! I have lost a total of 24 pounds!! I know I still have a ways to go, but it feels great to see that I can do this, and I will! My goal is to lose around 2 pounds a week, so by the time Kevin comes home for Christmas I will have lost another 16 pounds. This will put me at the weight I was when I graduated high school (and a total loss of 40 pounds!) I figure that right now is the best time for me to focus on taking care of my body, so that it will be in the best possible shape when we do get the opportunity to start trying for a baby again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment