Well today I finally got to talk to Kevin on the phone after 5 weeks! Monday will be the start of week 6 for him, and we are slowly getting to the end of all of this torture. As November 21st gets closer and the excitement of seeing Kevin grows, the worries have begun as well. It has finally hit that we will be packing up everything and moving November 25th! We will be driving to our new home... BALTIMORE!! Yup... When I got to talk to Kevin today he gave me the big news. It was a little bit of a shock since I have been expecting to live in a small beach town, but this will be a good start since it is a big city and I can hopefully find a job fairly easy. This has also been a blessing since Kevin will never have to be on a large ship for months at a time, but instead the longest he will ever be on a boat is for 3 days.
So how to prepare for a move that is in 3 weeks?! I am beginning to collect boxes slowly, and I plan on packing a few boxes a day. To try and keep things as organized as possible, I am hoping I can pack each room into boxes and somehow code them so I know exaclty where everything will go. That is a whole other stress I get to deal with... trying to find a place to live! We will have to have all our living details planned and taken care of before Kevin even graduates! He will hopefully be given a list of popular military housing areas in Baltimore this coming week. Kevin should hopefully be able to call this coming Saturday, and I am hoping he will have some more information for me!
Please keep us in your prayers that we find the perfect place to live and that I can find the perfect job! I still can't believe we are moving to Baltimore, Maryland!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment