Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 9, 2011

5 Months


The weekend Kael turned 5 months old was jam packed with fun (which resulted in a lack of updating). I hate these in between months that don't have well check appointments since I have no clue how much he has grown (although I don't mind dealing with the shots at all!)

Kael is a machine. He is all boy and likes to MOVE. He rarely stays still, and alot of times looks like he should be swimming, the way he moves his arms and legs when he is on his belly. We will more than likely take him to the pool next weekend, and I can't wait to see how he likes it!

But... onto the updates!

One of the most exciting milestones Kael has reached is he is starting to sit up unsupported. He is still wobbly, but he is increasing the amount of time he can stay up on his own, and really seems to enjoy the new kind of view he gets.
We started cereal and food pretty early. He just always seemed like he needed something more to help hold him over. Since adding food to his diet, he has moved from nursing every 2 hours to every 2.5-3 hours (thank God!). So far, he has tried apples, bananas, and sweet potatoes. He was not a fan of the fruit in the beginning, and is just now starting to warm up to them. He loved sweet potatoes from the very first taste. We will be introducing peas, carrots, and pears over the next 2-3 weeks. Sadly, I have given up on making his baby food. I tried... I swear I did! But he refused to eat it! I will admit... I'm not very good at cooking, and apparently I'm not good at mashing/pureeing either! But we are sticking with all organic, and I feel like if I'm not able to make his baby food, this is the next best thing.

We got our first cold front, and Kael was finally able to buy the first outfit his auntie Lauren ever bought him (and just in time, he was about to outgrow it!)
(check out those toes... I just want to eat them!!)

We moved Kael into his own room. :( It was one of the hardest things I have had to do so far! He did pretty good- although his sleep schedule has been totally out of whack. From the picture, you can see that he has learned to roll onto his side while he is sleeping... but more than that, he is now rolling onto his stomach as well. My assumption is that when he startles or wakes a little, and he is on his stomach, he becomes really confused and can't soothe himself back to sleep. He had been sleeping 9 hour stretches, and then this rolling over thing ruined everything! He started waking about every 45 minutes. We thought he had an ear infection- nope. We thought it was teething- nope. So we are back to the rolling thing... last night in pure desperation I stuck a pillow next to Kael's belly/legs (don't worry, it was FAR from his face) to keep him from rolling, and guess what... he slept!!


Here is his typical 5 month picture. It is getting so much harder to get a good picture of him since he is wiggling around so much these days! Never the less, that smile is all I need to consider this picture perfect. :)
The day Kael turned 5 months old, we took him to his first rodeo. It was the Kodiak fair and rodeo, and we had a blast! It made me so homesick, even though the rodeo was pitiful compared to what we are used to. It was a rainy and nasty day (big surprise considering where we live), but it was still worth it. Kael loved the animals (his favorite was the chicken...), I loved watching the rodeo, and Kevin loved to pulled pork sandwiches. It was perfect.


It has only taken me about a week to get this post finished. I am fairly certain we might have a hyper active child. He refuses to sit still, and gets bored so easily. I'm glad that he is so into the world around him, but I never get a break! Anyway... we took him to the doctor this week for a cough that he has had for a while, so we got his weight.

drum roll please...................16 pounds 10 ounces!

How in the world in my little man so big already?!?

And just for fun, here are pictures of Kael giving mommy and daddy some of his famous baby kisses! I love those drooly, open mouth kisses more than anything!

I absolutely LOVE the way he is holding Kevin's face! Heart warming...

No comments: