This warmth that is radiating off of my skin...what could is possibly be?!? Oh yea... the SUN! I forgot such a thing existed. But I must say, I have thoroughly enjoyed having sunshine the past TWO days! Yup, you read right...two FULL days IN A ROW!! No rain, clouds, or fog- man, life is good!
Now I can see why people talk about how beautiful Kodiak is in the summer. I really need to bust out my camera so I can prove to you that my new "home" really is quite beautiful when you get past the funky weather patterns.
A little something funny about Kodiak is apparently we are closer to the sun, so you tend to get burned much quicker here. I learned that lesson last Sunday when we had our first beautiful day. We sat outside in lawn chairs just trying to soak in every last ray we possibly could. Within an hour my entire right arm was scorched, and it didn't bother me... I was actually upset that my legs or face weren't the lucky ones to get a little color since I am looking like I could be a character straight out of Twilight these days. As much as I am against tanning beds, they sure have been calling my name lately...
The only bad part about all this wonderful sunshine is the heat. OK, I know that everyone from Texas who is reading this is about ready to jump through the computer and pop me in the face. The heat isn't bad... I would say that the past two SUNNY days have probably been high 70's, low 80's. I mean, it is absolutely perfect, BUT we don't have air conditioning in our house. We open the windows, and that helps some, but don't you dare think about turning on the oven! And I will be the first to admit...I like a cold house. We used to keep our house at about 72 before, and now it is 82 if the windows are closed. I'm melting....
But the worst part about having to open our windows is hearing everything outside of our house. For instance, the huge C-130 planes that fly right by us. OR when the Tsunami alarm goes off every Wednesday (think about the loudest, most scary sound EVER). OR when 15 of our neighbors decide to finally mow their lawn and BBQ at the same time, along with having a slip n' slide for their kids. When I come home from work, I want to sit down on the couch, watch my shows, and unwind...not listen to Mr. Rodgers and his "gang" hanging out having a brewski before bed.
But to be completely honest, if I had to choose between rain or dealing with a house that is hot as hell...I'll take the hot house. I know it wont last long, and I guess some fresh air wont kill me (now if I could only find some ear plugs...).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment