Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Wow...

So I have become very aware that I amprobably the worst blogger ever! I have not kept up with this very well, but with the craziness that comes with life, it is hard to sit down and make the time to write my thoughts.

Our main goal with this blog is to keep our family and friends up to date with what is going on in our newly married lives, espically since now we live 1500 miles away. So much has happened since I last wrote, but I will never remember it all! I guess I will touch on some key points.

First of all, I finally got a job. I am currently working with the howard county parks and recreation department. It was so nice to finally get a job and start working again. Although there are many days I wish I did not work, for the most part I am very thankful I get to work with kids which always seems to make me happy. Kevin is now fully qualified, and has begun his application for Officer Candidate School. This is pretty exciting, but a long process. I am ready for his to go to OCS, but at the same time he will be gone for nearly 4 1/2 months! We did move AGAIN! We are now on the army base, Fort George Meade. We LOVE our new house. It is in such a great location, nice neighbors, SAFE, and has grass!!!

Eli and Paige made it up here during spring break which was such a well-needed visit. I made it down to Texas at the end of January and around the beginning of May. It is always so nice to see everyone again, but it makes me so homesick! My mom and sister are trying to come up here mid-June and I can not wait! Kevin and I will be making the long drive back down to Texas the end of July/beginning of August for a two week vacation back home. We will be in the Valley, San Antonio, and Huntsville (and some other stops along the way). I can not wait to be able to see everyone and not feel so rushed.

As for now that seems to wrap up all the main things that have been going on (that I can think of). It is always a constant struggle to keep up with the hecticness of life, and Kevin and I are learning the importance of making time for eachother. Since we only see eachother every couple of days, the time we do have has to be utilized to the fullest! I think we are both extremely homesick and hope and pray that we get stationed back in Texas very soon! Hopefully I will have some pictures up soon of the new house, and of our latest adventures!

No comments: